Thursday, January 19, 2017

Reading Options

Weeks 2-3 Reading Choice: Adam and Eve
I chose this particular reading choice because one of my New Year's Resolutions for 2017 was to read the Bible in one year and this reading choice fits in great with what I'm already reading! I'm definitely looking forward to reading about these "fillers" so to speak, because the Bible only goes into so much detail concerning Adam and Eve. Also, I was unaware that legends and folktales about Adam and Eve even existed, although it does make sense that there would be considering that a lot is left to the imagination after reading through Genesis. I'm also sure that there'll be some interesting details that go over Satan and how he fell, which I'm also very interested in reading about.

                                                            Adam, Eve, and the Serpent

Weeks 4-5 Reading Choice: Twenty-Two Goblins
For weeks 4-5 I'm looking at the frame tale stories about the Twenty-Two Goblins. These stories intrigued me because they kind of read like Proverbs in the Bible, except in riddle format of course. If you couldn't tell by now, the Bible is one of my favorite books of late because of all it's practical wisdom. With that being said, I'm looking forward to reading Twenty-Two Goblins because I enjoy a good riddle and I'll probably end up retelling them to my friends.

                                                           Stripe, leader of the Gremlins

Weeks 6-7 Reading Choice: China
For weeks 6-7 I'm more than likely going to go with folktales in the China readings. One of the reasons that I chose this reading was because, in the overview, it promised fairy tales that have both happy endings and not so happy endings. Happy endings are too cliche and it's a nice mix-up when you get an ending where your favorite hero ends up dying and the bad guy ends up winning. However, I'm hoping that in these fairy tales an ending like that isn't too predicable either, because that just makes for a not so interesting story as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment